Merwede Valves is hiring:
– Engineering Manager – Valves
– Student Marketing (Internal)
– Allround Assembly Employee
For more information please contact us at email@example.com
Engineering Manager – Valves
Purpose of the job
The Engineering Manager-Valves will manage people, resources, and projects assigned to the Production Engineering Department, documentation, bill of material generation process, and engineering standards and processes in a timely and efficient manner staying within established budget. Coordinate the design, analysis, and technical support of all products being sold and manufactured. Assure that projects are completed in a timely and accurate manner and that the end product meets the customer requirements and applicable codes and regulations of design, quality and safety.
Place within the organization
The Engineering Manager-Valves is head of the Engineering department and reports to the Director.
Core tasks and responsibilities
* Manage and drive continual improvement of the Engineering team
* Monitor and report key performance indicators and establish action plans to improve performance
* Support the machine shop, production, supply chain, quality, and assembly
* Pro-active approach to market developments and manage R&D projects for new products or improvements to existing products.
* Manage root cause analysis of equipment failures and technical customer issues.
* Ensure products are safe and compliant with the appropriate legal requirements (e.g., ATEX, PED, API).
* Ensure proper due diligence in processes and documentation and take part in external audits
* Oversee the development and training of engineers/ drafters and foster an open learning environment
* Identify training needs and work to make training available to staff.
* Works according to the principle of “good housekeeping” (5S).
Requirements in knowledge, experience and skills
* Mechanical Engineering degree plus 5+ years of valve, actuation, control and equipment design, manufacturing, and assembly experience.
* Technical team management experience (5+ years.)
* Must be self-starting and have motivational skills and a high sense of urgency to plan and execute to production and development schedules.
* Possession of team building skills essential, as is the ability to motivate the team.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.